Update to Vermont rules on recreational sports
Effective January 18th.
Gov. Scott has advanced youth sports to "Phase 2".
In an announcement on Friday January 15th, Gov. Scott stated that as of Monday, January 18, our players are able to scrimmage with their team mates at practice sessions.
While coaches and players will be extremely excited at this news, we want to reassure our membership that we will continue to exercise extreme caution at all training events and continue to follow state and Nordic mandates.
- Masks remain essential at all times, in all areas
- Sanitize when entering and exiting the building
- No high 5s, hugging, or other close contact during games & goal celebrations
- Continue to social-distance during breaks and in locker areas
- Limit car pooling where possible, and always wear a mask when carpooling.
We know this feels like a step in the right direction for youth sports, but we also know that we still have local communities who are experiencing Covid spikes and outbreaks.
If we want to ensure our kids play this Spring, we must continue to be vigilant and exercise good judgement in everything we do.
It's WE not ME.
You can count on us to do our part.
Nordic will continue to follow the lead of its governing body and will continue to work with VSA and the State of Vermont and keep you informed of any updates.
We very much appreciate your assistance, patience, and support during this time.
One Club, One Community.
Yours in Soccer,
Jim, Craig and the Nordic Team.