Nordic Soccer Club COVID 19 updates.
Effective June 15th.
Governor Scott announced "Return to Play" guidelines on Monday June 8th that included:
- Effective June 15, sports involving no or low-contact (e.g., tennis) or short-duration, incidental contact (e.g., soccer, softball, baseball, lacrosse, volleyball, hockey) may initiate expanded team practice sessions that include small-sided, intra-squad scrimmages.
- Effective July 1, competition between Vermont clubs (i.e., inter-squad games) is currently anticipated to be able to resume. Games must be conducted as individual sporting events. Individual players from bordering states who belong to a Vermont-based club, organization or league may participate but must follow Vermont state recreational visitation guidelines.
- Keep participants in small groups. Group numbers, including players, coaches and officials, may not exceed current limits on events — currently 75 indoors and 150 outdoors. Wherever possible, the same coach(es) should remain with the same group each practice.
- The number of spectators should be limited as much as possible and measures should be put in place to ensure social distancing between households. In no case should the number of spectators exceed 50 percent of the fire safety occupancy limit of a venue or 1 person per 100 square feet. At no time shall the total number of spectators exceed 75 people indoors or 150 people outdoors.
What this means is that our teams can start to do more within their practices to prepare for the VSL soccer season.
The full text of the Gov.'s RTP guidelines can be read here: https://accd.vermont.gov/news/update-new-work-safe-additions-stay-home-stay-safe-order#sports-and-organized-sports
As we continue with the different phases of Return to Play, we ask the below of all our families:
1. Adhere to all club requests regarding:
a) - dropping off and picking up players from practise.
b) - timely response to attendance at practises.
c) - drop players off and leave.
d) - volunteering to be a chaperaone at practises (either before or after)
2. Read and follow the below responsibilities with your player:
● Ensure child is healthy, check your child’s temperature before attending a training session.
● Stay in car or adhere to social distance requirements, based on state and local health requirements.
● Ensure child’s clothing is washed after every training session.
● Ensure all equipment, cleats, ball, shin guards etc. are sanitized before and after every training.
● Notify club immediately if your child becomes ill for any reason. This is a requirement.
● Do not assist coach with equipment before or after training.
● Be sure your child has necessary sanitizer with them at every training.
● Ensure your child has plenty of water.
● If you are not comfortable with returning to play, DON’T. You are the only who will make the decision when your child returns to play.
● Take temperature before attending training session, if you have a temperature of 100° or higher, do not attend training session or activity.
● If you are not comfortable returning to play, DON’T.
● Adhere to all Return to Play protocols ● Wash hands thoroughly before and after training.
● Bring and use, hand sanitizer with you to every training.
● Do not touch or share anyone else’s equipment, water, snack or bag.
● Practice social distancing, place bags and equipment at least 6 feet apart.
● Wash and sanitize all equipment before and after every training.
● No group celebrations, no high 5’s, hugs, handshakes etc.
We ask that every family please adhere to the above requests and we greatly appreciate everything that you do to get our kids back on the field with their health and safety our #1 priority!
Nordic Management and its Board of Directors continues to work on club guidelines and protocols for a successful Return to Practise. We will continue to communicate with club parents and players with details as the process evolves.
Nordic will continue to follow the lead of its governing body and will continue to work with VSA and the State of Vermont and keep you informed of any updates.
We very much appreciate your assistance, patience, and support during this time.
One Club, One Community.
Yours in Soccer,
Jim, Craig and the Nordic Team.